Sunday, January 1, 2012

HOW TO START A NEW YEAR RIGHT?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!..... everyone's joyful greetings...whether it's said in other languages...they just mean the same....HAPPY NEW YEAR!. Wherever you may go, you will hear this sweet utterance or this loud shout of wishing you to have a joyous new year.

But is this really the right way of starting your new year?

Since we were kids, we were taught of making our new year's resolution before the year ends. We needed to write our new year's resolution on a sheet of paper so we could glance at it once in a while to remind us what we wanted to have or to change in the next years of our lives.

But as I grew up and became mature, I realized that writing a new year's resolution isn't enough to start my new year properly. New year's resolution alone wouldn't make me successful all year long.

So here's how I start my new year right. I want to share these five steps to all of you hoping that these would help you in some little ways.
1. Always put GOD first
    Going to church, performing my duties, praying, and singing hymns of praises are the first things that I do every first day of the year. If the first day of the year doesn't fall on Thursday or on Sunday, since these days are the usual days I attend to my church duties, I still sing praises to my Father in my house while doing lots of household chores. I also start my days with a prayer, And before going to bed, I also utter a simple thanksgiving for my Father for everything that He has done for me the whole day.

2. Always remember GOD's commandments and laws
    Whether I do something for a living, or do something as a service to my GOD, or just simply enjoying, I have to ask myself if I am doing that thing in accordance to the laws and commandments of GOD. To avoid problems and conflicts, I need to follow GOD's Divine Laws and doctrine. If I fail to apply any of GOD's words that must be applied in my life, that's the time a conflict or a problem arises. So to make my day right or my year right and brighter, I need to adhere to my GOD's teachings. If not, then my life goes in a mess. Always, I do everything in accordance with the Divine Laws.

3. Make a list of my plan
    Every year, I have to accomplish something new, something that is different from what I have already achieved. So I have to make a new llist, that is, a list of things that I want to carry out. I check this list from time to time, to make sure that I still have time to finish all of them within a year. To be sure that I will be successful, I ask my GOD to bless my plan and to give me all the successes which I also use in giving praises and services to my Father.

4. Be confident and positive
    Being positive and confident that I will be successful is a must. This is the kind of attitude that I should possess in order to achieve what I have planned. I never doubt that my Fahter, the Almighty GOD, will alwasy be here and there to guide and to teach me what to do in order to attain my objectives.

5. Mind setting
     Like a director of a TV show or a movie, I also use internal directing so I can direct my actions towards my goals. Focussing is very important. Without focus, I can never fulfill what I have set up for.

I will explain internal directing in my next blog.

In the meantime, I hope you will enjoy making your own list of plans for this year, 2012. And I also pray that these five steps that I have been doing and applying in my life may also be effective tools for success in your life.

No comments: